At ABIP, PC we treat every client relationship like a true partnership. We help clients focus on their goals and obstacles and provides support to help them navigate through different stages of their lifecycle. Our professionals take the time to understand their operations and design a strategy unique to those needs. As advisors, we deliver a variety of assurance, tax, accounting and specialized solutions that provide clients with the information necessary to successfully manage their business and everyday lives. Founded in 2001, ABIP is an award-winning firm with over 80 employees and 23 CPA’s on staff.
People are our greatest asset. The relationships we have with our clients and with the members inside our firm are what makes us grow and enjoy what we do. We are an established CPA and advisory firm with a diverse client base and services. With ABIP you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of services and industries in companies of varying sizes.
You will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients and firm management to handle questions, planning, and other business matters.
Additional Job Responsibilities Include:
• Work directly with and report to department manager and partner
• Supervise a department of 5 to 10 seniors & associates
• Manage the proposal, engagement, onboarding & assignment process of new clients
• Initiate, develop, and maintain client & associate relationships
• Train seniors & associates on company processes, accounting theory & procedures, and client transitions
• Various special projects such as generating Percentage of Completion schedules, 401K reconciliation, reconcile payroll journal entries, create payroll template mapping for third party software uploads, etc.
• Catch up & clean-up of outdated or incomplete accounting books
• Provide accounting support and bookkeeping services to various clients with a variety of back office accounting needs – performed at the client site(s) or at the ABIP office, or both
• Completing and reviewing of month-end work (reconciliation of bank accounts, posting of cash receipts and cash disbursements, calculating and recording monthly accruals, recording standard monthly journal entries, processing payroll and posting journal entries, reconciling inter-company balances, amortizing rental contracts/insurance policies/various contracts, tracking payment of federal, state and local tax estimates, preparation or support of monthly financial statements, entering and reviewing General Ledger detail in preparation of year-end closure
• Preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual multi-state payroll tax returns (940/944/941/SUI)
• Preparing and processing annual W-2’s, 1099’s, and property renditions
• Calculating and reviewing monthly multi-state sales tax liability
• Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
• Solid accounting theory knowledge and skills/experience in one or more of the following: general accounting, bookkeeping, accounts receivable, and/or accounts payable
• Previous supervisory experience required
• Demonstrated experience and ability utilizing accounting software such as Peachtree and/or Quickbooks, Prosystem. FX tax software experience is also beneficial
• Microsoft Office skills required – Excel in particular
• Presents a professional demeanor that represents one’s self and ABIP well
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Proactively seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues. Manages difficult situations with composure and tact
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Detail orientated
• Works well in a team environment
• Ability and willingness to adapt to change and competing priorities
• Good time management skills
• Client focused, maintains positive working relationships, and provides excellent customer service
To apply for this job please visit abipcpa.com.