Advisory Services Senior
ABIP Advisory practice professionals help clients address the accounting, financial reporting, risk management and operational challenges facing their business. We provide our services for clients to address their transactional and strategic needs. More specifically, we help our clients with support on complex accounting matters arising from regulatory or strategic business changes such as adoption of new accounting standards, accounting framework conversions, mergers and acquisitions assistance and on-call accounting advice, among others. Our people provide the best in class advice and build long-lasting relationships.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be a disciplined self-starter and be ready to perform day one. Adaptability is key and the candidate needs to come with ideas, suggestions and the attitude that you are willing to do just about anything. The Advisory team is small and dynamic so you will wear lots of different hats so flexibility and focus are critical success factors.
ABIP is currently seeking a Senior Associate in our Advisory practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide transaction oriented accounting and reporting assistance for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex capital raising and financing structures, financial instruments, revenue recognition, and corporate reorganizations
- Prepare and present accounting findings and concepts
- Consulting on complex accounting transactions
- Ensuring work is performed timely, with quality, and in compliance with regulatory requirements Engaging client stakeholders including external auditors, audit committees, and client management to identify, assess, and deliver the correct advice
- Being active in the market, building relationships within and without ABIP, and leveraging existing ABIP network to identify new opportunities
- Collaborating within the Advisory practice, across regional teams, and across functional service personnel to identify whitespace opportunities on existing clients and providing an integrated ABIP experience to our clients
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset and contribute to growth of the Advisory practice
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong technical skills and deep understanding of at least one to two specific industries or marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
- Developmental skills to train and mentor team members
Preferred Knowledge Areas:
- Accounting standards including ASC 606 and/or ASC 842
- Complex debt, equity and employee compensation topics
- Internal audit/controls and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Financial instruments
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in providing financial statement audits, accounting advisory services, or corporate accounting/finance center of excellence experience focusing on complex accounting transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university or CPA eligible; licensed CPA/equivalent certification is preferred
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
02 May 2019 - News